This has been such a good month for finishing UFO's. I took two to the long arm lady in The Dalles. Nothing fancy - the red, white and blue charm quilt I made last year and the Waste Knot scrappy quilt. She is going to do some meandering plus pantogram patterns for me - leaves on the WK and stars on the RWB. They will look quite nice when she gets them done and I get the binding on. Hope to have them done by end of August.
Then, I went over to Marcia's, my friend with the long arm who rents it out. She gave me the beginner's lesson and then I finished quilting a BW bento I had made. I am in the process of binding it now. It's isn't anything interesting - not sure what will happen to it - give it to the school for the carnival, maybe???? Anyway, it's done!
For the past several days, I've been cutting up kids fabric for charity quilt kits for guild. Marcia is in charge of the charity sew next month and I told her I had loads of fabric to get rid of. By making the kits, people cans tart sewing ASAP. I've got over 10 kits done already. That's a batch of stuff GONE!
Then yesterday, I started cutting up fabrics that I found - African stuff. I managed to make two kits from it - lap size quilts. One was so simple, I decided to make it up Only took a few hours. The hardest part was making sure I had enough of the background fabric - took a bit of fancy cutting, but I did it. It's a BQ2 pattern using fabric from the curtains in the trailer that was demolished at school.I think Robert will get it as a Christmas gift. It's just the right size for him to snuggle under. Since he loves zoos, I think this will be a good match.
Today I plan to machine quilt a couple baby charity quilts. At the rate I am going, I will have at least a half dozen quilts done this year. The good news is that I've managed to move all the fabric into the new cupboard in my sewing room, so all my fabric is now together with all the other sewing stuff. Makes it idea of quilting more fun. I really like my new arrangement - but that's another blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment