Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Charity Quilts and More

Really went on a rip tear this weekend, sewing. That means I actually FINISHED nearly 4 quilts - have one left to hand sew binding down.



The first one was the BW bento that I did at Marcia's on the long arm. Not a bad first effort if you ask me. Too bad it isn't a more attractive quilt. Not sure what on earth I will do with it - pile it up with the rest of the them, I suppose. I have enough bento blocks to do a second one. I am thinking of making the blocks and then making tote bags or something. Not interesting enough for another quilt. Charity is always good too. Good will loves that sort of thing.


Next were the charity quilts for the Guild. This is my "signature pattern." I made it up and it really is cute. I like it best with the solid borders. The orange one was the first one and I had to experiment a little to get it right. I've cut our several "kits" for guild, but I am being silly about sharing the stupid "pattern." I finally convinced myself that I didn't have to sew all of the little blankie and that I had enough of my own stuff to sew. It isn't like I get brownie points for the dumb things. I even talked Jean Stone into cutting out squares for the meeting. There is one more- a blue one that needs the binding sewn down.



Last, but not least, was a panel quilt that I just machine quilted. Not my best effort, but it was good practice. It turned out OK-good thing it is for charity and that who ever gets it won't know who made it. I shouldn't be so picky about my work. I know I am not a professional machine quilter and that it takes hours of practice, so I wish i could get past my "perfectionism" issues and just enjoy sewing.


BUT the good news is that I have FIVE, count them, FIVE finished quilts- OK, four of them are small, but they are DONE . I have two more at the long arm quilters, so I should have them done before Labor Day weekend!!!!! This is amazing! I also have the potential of finishing a couple more if I can get over to Marcia's in the next couple of months. I am actually feeling like I can make new things for a change!!!


I signed up for a couple of long arm classes at the NW Quilt expo, so that should give me some ideas for finishing quilts other than just meandering around. I also plan to look through my books and photos for ideas. I can't do the fancy stuff, but I can do the simple stuff.


Feeling good for a change!!!!



























































No comments: