Plugging along on the birthday quilt. I estimate it's about 1/2 quilted. Only a few more blocks to go, most of the sashings and then the outside border. I am really happy with how it's all turning out. I doubt if it will make it to our bed since the cat insists on "marking" the bedspread with her claws. It will probably end up on the guest bed. I can make another one for our bed someday.
On the other hand, I am really UNHAPPY with the Christmas string quilt. I am having a heck of a time with the quilting - the machine keeps skipping stitches, no matter what I do. I am nearly done with the ditch quilting, but am doubting if I will bother doing the snowflakes in the white spaces. It would be so much better if I did, but I am so disgusted with the skipping that I just want it to be done. Hopefully, once the straight stuff is done I can "get into" the quilt again.
In the meantime, I'll keep plugging away....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment