Saturday, July 30, 2011

String Quilt

Managed to get interested again in my Christmas string quilt. I was so unhappy with the skipping stitches on the quilting that I couldn't get motivated to finish it. After finishing the little baby quilts and feeling better about myself, I was able to finally tackle the string quilt again. I had to convince myself that this thing is NOT going into the fair and no one is going to look at the stitches on the back. Got the straight stuff all done and am now on the little motifs in the white centers. It's going OK - I am still not happy with my tension, but it won't be noticable unless you stick your nose on it.

If I can get the centers done, it will be the borders and FINISHED!!!! I'll even have it done for the holidays! Woo Hoo! I am seeing this puppy done within the month. Of August, anyway.

No comments: