This morning I finished an over sized lap quilt that I will finish up for the snowmobile convention next January. I've been going to do these quilts for years; finally decided the pattern I was going to us was too ambitious, found some good substitutes and got around to cutting and sewing. Overall, I think it turned out fine. Have to figure out how to quilt it..... probably some simple thread play and some general motifs in the borders. It's nice and masculine, which should work perfectly for the snowmobile crowd.
I guess it makes me feel a little better about having to back out of the sewing retreat this coming weekend. I was really looking forward to spending time with friends and sewing. This was a project I had planned to bring with me to finish.
The reality of my life being put totally on hold has finally hit me. I won't be going anywhere this summer unless Mom is in some kind of care facility. I don't think this has occurred to John yet. I honestly don't think he has a clue how overwhelmed I am right now with work and now Mom. I am pretty depressed, tired and sad. I just don't see how I am going to keep my sanity for the next couple of months. I guess I am going to have to simply focus on one day at a time, say no to as many things as I can, keep lists and try and take care of myself.
Good luck with that.....
No comments:
Post a Comment