Sunday, March 27, 2011
End of Spring Break
Tomorrow it's back to work. I may have missed the retreat, but I did manage to get quite a bit done this week that I would have taken with me. Finished on snowmobile raffle top, one Linda Ballard mystery top from last summer, and put together all the chevron log cabin blocks I won at guild last time. Also made 8 place mats and hemmed two pairs of pants. Not bad considering how much time I've spent at Mom's. I even got the Ballard mystery top sandwiched and some of the quilting done. Decided to just do it in the ditch. Nothing fancy - just get 'er done. The failure to finish things is making me totally crazy. I promised myself that I wouldn't make any more tops until I finished at least 3 quilts. I even got the bug to just box up the fabric and give it away this weekend just to take down the stash. Good thing I wrote Kathy who talked me out of it. Probably wouldn't have done it anyway, but I really am feeling overwhelmed with all the fabric and unfinished tops. Of course, tonight I was looking at Facebook quilt sites and found several very cool patterns.... so now I need the stash and want to make more tops. Having some of the quilting done on the Ballard feels really good - I think I can finish it this week. It isn't that big and I simply need to find a border pattern that I can do with the walking foot. I think I have a fairly simple one that will work. If I could just finish ONE!!!!!! I know it would help me realize that I can finish another. The other idea is to get the charity quilts done for guild in May. If I can get them going, I will also feel like I am getting somewhere.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment