So I didn't accomplish much this time on a three day weekend. I would have love to hide in the sewing room all weekend and just sew. Did go to the Quilt Guild meeting and on a couple of door prizes, including red/purple blocks in the block of the quarter contest. Not a quilt I would make for myself. It will be a good one to practice with on the longarm.
Since the dry wall guy came on Monday I had to put the machines away to avoid getting dust in the machines. I did go through the kits I had and discovered I don't have that many - I've managed to get tops made! Now I need to get more kits cut up = I've got several things that need to be cut up and made ready for assembly. I also think I am going to make an effort to just put things together to make lap quilts for charity. I don't need any more quilts in the house. I am even wondering what to do with the ones I have. I haven't been very clever about choosing colors that go with anything like drapes or decorating....
I also rearranged the furniture yet again. With the paneling gone, I am motivated to use the room differently. I think I am going to really like it. I managed to create an "office corner" and then a sewing area with a "reading spot" on the opposite wall. It's obviously my room and NOT a living room anymore.
Now, if I could just retire and spend more time there.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment