Since Friday was a state Inservice Day for teachers, I got a 3 day weekend! That meant I could get things done AND do some sewing. It didn't hurt that John was off on a "Boy's Weekend" up in the woods. Jammies and Cheerios..... and sewing!
Last weekend, I managed to knock out 5 pillowcases for gifts. Here they are all lined up ready for Christmas. Savanah, Delia, Madison, Emily and Robert......
This weekend I knocked out 4 table runners - little projects are so wonderful! Make
s one so feel productive! I bought this fabulous "wine country" stripe to make runners with and got two different runners - The one on the left has lots of grapes on the outside and in the middle. The second one has the bottles and cheeses motif, but the inside looks like the rolling hills where the grapes would grow.
One will go to my dear friend next door, but the second one might stay here - or it might go to my son and his wife. Not sure on that! I also can't decide which one I like best :)
As if this wasn't enough, I also went clothes shopping and now have 4 pairs of pants to hem (the joys of being shorter than average). Have two done and two to go.....
Now, if I could just finish quilts at this speed!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment