Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sewing Again

So the last time I wrote, I had been to Suttle Lake, OR with my quilt guild on a sewing retreat. I managed to get a couple things done. Translation: completed two tops and started a third. The problem with me is that I LOVE doing the tops, but get hung up on the quilting. I really enjoy hand quilting, but it's so slow.

Right now I am working on the third top - I had originally planned on doing a scrappy pattern that I fancied in red,white and blue. Turned out the wasn't enough contrast, so I ditched the pattern and started out on my own. Part of the blocks were like a value quilt I had done some time back. I thought it might look really cool if I continued doing the blocks and tried one of the patterns in the value book. Turns out, not enough contrast for that either. I did manage to find a setting that will work, but it involves making a zillion 4 patches. Well, 200. Feels like a zillion.

I also have to make 4 patches that are all red or all blue to make the pattern show up. I think it will be a fun quilt for summer. Definitely patriotic. I need to get photos of all the tops I've been working on and a good shot of the to quilts I finished for the twins. Then I can post them for no one to see but me. It isn't like the world is following this amazing blog :)

No comments: