Monday, December 29, 2008

A Successful Year of Quilting

A few years ago, a friend introduced me to a Challenge that her local quilt shop was doing. The idea was to make a goal of how many UFO's you could finish and then keep track on a spreadsheet. Various activities were worth so many points and the person who scored the most points, won a gift certificate to the store. I decided it would be a good way for me to try and get stuff DONE!

I worked up the spreadsheet on my computer and printed them out - the first couple of years, I only scored 65 points. Pretty lame, considering a finished quilt is about 35 points or so. This year, I racked up 145! My goal was 120, so I beat my goal by 25 points! Yahoo! I can honestly say I didn't buy much fabric this year - mostly backings, if anything.

This year, I am setting a goal of 150 points. I am confident that I can raech it and maybe even break 200 points. I'll keep track of the points on my blog.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: