
OMG - I am in LOVE! When I was visiting California this summer I saw a quilt made up with oreiental fabrics call Country Roads. I really liked it and thought what a great way to use up my stash. I've been working on it this weekend. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! There are 6 different blocks depending on where you place the various peices. Every block looks different because you also mix up the fabrics. It is designed for fat quarters.
So far I have all the blocks made and have connected 3 rows. The photo is just a piece of the three rows. The blocks will be outlined with a black border and I've found a lovely chrythanemum (SP?) fabric for the outside borders.
What has made this more fun is that I have a new kitten - his name is Spook, because that what he has been for most of his first 24 hours in the house. He spent the first 12 under a dresser. He has now ventured out to the sewing room, has played with the quilt blocks on the floor (a good sign), and found a "bed" on the orange fleece blanket next to my chair. I have to stop every so often to hug him cause he is still looking for his Mom & 4 sibs.
No comments:
Post a Comment